Sunday, November 25, 2018

I Almost Ended Up In the Toilet


Today I get to see my Sofia. It's been a week since I've seen here and I desperately miss her.

I know she misses me, because when I was talking to her momma the other day on the phone, Sofia started crying. The moment she was handed the phone, she stopped and ran off with me. She misses me, too.

Sometimes it's hard to connect due to schedules, but a week a part is more than I can handle.

Nothing makes my heart burst into happiness like when I see my Sofia's little face pop up on my phone. When she sees its me calling, she quickly yanks the phone out of her momma's hand and runs through the house from room to room. Little Miss Independent loves to talk on the phone. Sometimes I prop the phone on the counter and continue doing whatever I am doing so she can spend time with me.

It's like riding a roller coaster being clutches of a toddlers hand, carried and shaken as she whisks me off. Oftentimes, I have to look away before she throws me into a vertigo attack dizzy watching her on my screen.

Yesterday, I almost ended up in the toilet.

Toilets are so much fun when your a toddler. The height is low and perfect, it flushes and there's water! It's a combination of lid lifting fun and a place to throw all things. Just not grandmomma.

My view was dangerously close when Mariah stopped me from being thrown in.

The bathroom is the first place we run when we realize Sofia has slipped out of sight. What does she have in her hands and when her binky had gone missing, it's the one place we hoped it wasn't and ... there it was.

I'm so excited to see her today! Mariah & I are having a mommy & daughter date day, then my girls are coming over for the unveiling of my new holiday decor. I have a fun chocolate surprise treat I can't wait to give her! Snuggles, hugs and kisses are about to be mine.