Monday, November 26, 2018

Christmas Cutout Cookies


It's been over a month since Brooke moved out. Her and Alex have such a cute apartment and as they are getting in their groove, I am settling wonderfully in life as an empty nester. 

I smile and laugh when I listen to Brooke share about her and Alex adapting to life together. She's funny and witty and I've always thought Brooke would be an excellent stand-up comedian, add her material of coexisting and this girl should be on stage with a mic. 

Tomorrow evening I am invited to their home to see their Christmas decor. Hugging them both as they stopped by this evening, to hear they are heading home to put lasagna in the oven, decorate for Christmas, and make Christmas cutout cookies makes me smile.  

They are cute together and perfect for one another. I love Alex, he's a good boy and he's a hard worker. My daughter deeply loves him and I love that for her. 

This Momma watches from afar to make sure they have what they need and to see they are adjusting well. My daughter is exactly where she needed to be and she is blooming.