Thursday, January 2, 2014

So Last Year

As the day progressed New Years Eve I could feel the growing anticipation of 2013 coming to an end. Stress was fading and hope was filling its place.

I did Mariah's hair and make-up for a masquerade party ...


Sammy Blue looked like Baby New Year ...


Brooke surprisingly ended up spending the whole evening at the neighbor kids house watching movies and playing games, which made for a quiet 1st New Years Eve celebration for David and me.

Unplanned. Unexpected. Peaceful. Quiet. Together. The perfect combination of wonderful!

Dinner by candlelight, running to a friends NYE party for an hour, back home to watch an episode of Boardwalk Empire took us to 10 minutes until midnight.

As the countdown began I thanked God for every blessing in my life.

Ten, nine, eight, seven (look at this most handsome man next to me), six, five, four, (thank you, God, that I am entering 2014 beside him), three, two, one ...

Of all things starting a new year at the stroke of midnight perfectly is kissing my best friend whom I love.

Waking up New Years Day I looked at my iPhone that reflected Jan 1 ...


A new year, a fresh start, countless opportunities.

Even though trouble in 2013 was only days, weeks, and months behind me, it is so last year.

Happy New Year