Monday, December 30, 2013

Farewell 2013

Farewell 2013, I am so glad to see you go.

Going into this year, the number 13 alone felt jinxed. It was definitely the year of worst employment ever for me, an emotional year for my Mariah that we were told so many times "the end was here" for her dad who is still alive, and my Brooke. The ongoing saga of the path of destruction from her dads suicide and my keeping her safe from herself.

In the midst of turmoil a *miracle* happened ... I fell in love.

Love is such a powerful emotion that it became my balance when storms continued to hit hard. Love became my foundation of hope for when calm eventually restores in my life.

I want to shake off 2013 and will be relieved when the ball is dropping this New Years Eve.

Watching Times Square in all it's glory as the clock strikes the magic hour of midnight, the world kisses one another, and bids farewell to 2013 in hope for 2014.

Godspeed.