Saturday, January 4, 2014

"Strip Down, Baby!"

Ahhhhh ... spa-la-la! Yesterday, David and I went out of town for the day and enjoyed a couples 80-minute hot stone massage at a very nice spa.

In my plush robe, I entered the "couples" relaxation room where David was already sitting. Out of his element, he commented in such a way that he wasn't feeling too masculine in the environment. A glass of wine for him a Mimosa for me, I happen to thrive in a spa environment.

He is trying to keep his robe together to sit comfortably when I asked if he took it all off. There was a look of horror and pure mortification on his face when he said he had, because I said to.  He asked if I had and I said no, because when I mentioned going in for a massage in the buff his conservative nature took over and I didn't want him uncomfortable.

I am bent over laughing. He is mortified, horrified, and said what looked like between gritted teeth, "You said ... strip down, baby!" Rocking and still laughing, I said, "I never said that!" 

He explained when the spa technician showed him to the men's locker room, I said it while I was walking away. In fairness to him, it does sound like something that I would say, but what I meant was get in your comfy robe, see you in the relaxation room.

The relaxation room is the quiet room where one listens to soft music, sips a beverage of choice, and relaxes in anticipation of an upcoming spa treatment.

The relaxation room was shattered by his mortification and my uncontrolled laughter. Note to self, he trusted and listened well to what I said in an environment he was most uncomfortable in. Look at me respecting him though and dressing modestly to ease his uncertainty.

What we had was a lack of communication and 80-minutes of hot stone massage pampering.