Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Sixth Sense

Waking up this morning I thought of a woman who has endured a long battle with cancer. She came to my mind as a quick thought out of no where and I had a need to find out how she is.

Within minutes this morning, I learned she passed away last night.

Kris was a young mother with a husband who desperately loved her. Two little ones she fought the brutal battle of cancer for ... for them. She was a woman of God with incredible faith that was openly shared and felt throughout her community.

Surrounded by family, friends, and love, the moment she took her last breath she entered the presence of God whole and perfect. It is the hearts of those left behind that are hurting so badly.

I have blogged on premature death before. It is an earthly concept when emotions are raw.

And Psalms 139:16 says, "All the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be." 
 
The Bible says the no one dies prematurely. They are ushered into God's presences at exactly the time God had chosen for them.
 
My heart hurts for her family and friends who love her and will desperately miss her. Her life, her faith, and her God will be shared with countless others in one of life's most raw moments.
 
What is this perception that after over a year of seeing her last she comes to the senses in my mind, almost as an awareness something has changed. 
 
Maybe it is coincidence, but once she entered my mind I was on a mission growing by the minute to see how she was.
 
Perception. Intuition. A sixth sense.
 
The power of perception beyond the five senses