Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Body Check

Over a week ago I began sensing Brooke had some form of technology communication in her possession, thus began the bedroom/bathroom ransacking searches unbeknown to her.

The subtle pattern was there and my mom-radar was going off.

After a week of paying close attention, with no luck in finding a device I shared with David my concerns that I believed she had something in her possession.

Let's just say my mom-radar + his intelligence had a plan in place that included her first-ever body search in less than 24 hours.

Timing is everything because I had to catch the device on her because of countless hiding places being available and without forewarning to not alert her.

The plan was in place. David away from the house giving me the "Go!" Mariah in position as a witness with video rolling to keep all things from getting out of control.

I had hugged her casually and didn't feel a device. There was a moment of unexpected shock when I casually approached her and said I wanted to do a random body search. Flashes of expression crossed her face within seconds. Shock. Agreement. Panic. BOOM! ... fear.

My clever-for-a-week daughter had an iPod Touch with texting capabilities hidden in her armpit. A great hiding place when you want to hide something in the open and pockets are obvious.

One would think that I would be better at this by now. Knowing she didn't have pockets, yet sensing she was keeping something on her. Even my ransacking abilities are lacking, thanks to David finding nooks and crannies in just about anything.

She talked the neighbor boy into letting her borrow his iPod Touch over a week ago, which proves my radar accurate within a day or two.

It's all quite exhausting to me. David is energized by the game and I am left hot-flashing, sick to my stomach with a raging headache, and exhaustion.

I have an amazing partner in life. My radar, his intelligence, and videotaping witness Mariah makes for a good Team Brooke.

Finding the device is just the tip of the iceberg though.