Friday, January 31, 2014

School of the Arts

Last night was high school orientation for Brooke and I'm hoping she makes it after a bad 1st semester.  The high school offers a School of the Arts program with a focus on singing, music, drama, dance, and visual arts which is right up Brooke's personal strengths. 

School of the Arts application is due today and Brooke had to write her own essay on why she wants to be in the program. In her own words this is what she produced in a few minutes ...
 
Dear ***,

I am a shy girl. You know like that girl with limited friends but, I have a passion. Singing. That is my favorite thing to do. I know lyrics to over 100+ songs so you don’t need to teach me them. Everyone one deserves a chance at something great. I just think that *** will be my start. Let me tell you a secret… I am not lying. Since 6th grade, I have dreamed about singing in ***. Also I would love to contribute my hobby, art. Art isn’t just a passion, it’s a freedom.. My freedom. One of the purest ways to show your true colors. I will be able to contribute a new style. A new way of… how you say, expresion. I want to gain not only more skills ,but I want to gain a better perspective. You may offer “the knowing” and I will offer the will to know your perspective. There is no way better to express yourself than through your “love”. But, how do you know what your talent is? Easy. A student, like myself, already has the idea of expression ,but a program, like you, pushes us the extra mile and shows us that we are meant for greatness in our common society. There is a song in my heart that is ready to burst out onto a beautiful canvas filled with color and passion. That’s why you should admit me. Thank you for your time ***.

Love, Brooke <3

I love it!