Friday, December 4, 2020

New Years Resolutions

 


This has been a crazy year for sure! When everyone on every platform is bickering and there is negativity everywhere about 2020, I take a hard look back at this year and think of all my blessings. 

A year of new milestones with my grandbabies and another on the way, several fun vacations, turning 50 years old, losing 50+ lbs, buying and moving into my new home, and my new neighbor has become a dear friend. I won the Salesperson of the Year Award at our annual conference, and while my events took a hard hit, I'm still thriving professionally. I finally bought a new luxury SUV, started dating again, and after a several year dating sabbatical, my heart came alive again. Brooke and Alex bought and moved in their new home and after a lifetime of wanting a dog, she has the sweetest little guy ever, and of course Max. Everyone is healthy and that is a blessing I don't take for granted. 

When I look back, I'm extremely grateful. Find the good. Don't let the world convince you otherwise.

Looking ahead at 2021, what are my new year resolutions going to look like? 

1. I've started strength training and I'm up to 3-days per week and absolutely love it. Strength training is what I want to continue and I want to see what I can do by next summer. 

2.  Being on Keto, learning to eat clean has been truly life-changing. Taste changing, too. Foods I used to like don't even taste good anymore. Especially, processed foods like pasta and breads, soda, and some desserts. SO, I want to enhance my fruit and vegetables in 2021. Each week I want to grab a new fruit and vegetable I never normally ever try and incorporate them into eating clean. Like Dragon Fruit. I love it, but never buy it. I'm going to start going to fresh markets and do a strong focus on new fruits and veggies, no longer just my standard go to's.

3. God and I are in heavy discussions about this one.