Friday, December 4, 2020

Alfa

 


Alfa Holden is my new favorite author and poet. My gosh, I cannot get enough of her words and she writes in a way that if your soul could put into words what your heart yearns to say, she writes it. 

Like a kindred spirit, I want to sit down and have coffee with her. Hear her stories, because you can only write from a place of great love and great loss and you know she has had her fill.

I've always said in life, "there will always be another [female] who is prettier, better body, more money, and smarter." For those that play every option thrown their way, there will always be another... 

Alfa's quote here caught my attention from a completely different perspective, 

"You will always have something that she does not."

I love that!

You will have, you will be, and you simply are... what she is not.