Sunday, December 27, 2020

Make My Day


My muscles are b-u-r-n-i-n-g and the music is pumping. I realize I am smiling as I am transported back to my early 20's...

I don't want
A place to stay
Get your booty on the floor tonight
Make my day
I don't want 
A place to stay
Get your booty on the floor tonight 
Make my day... 

It's the 90's, back when we would die before we would make a grand entrance before midnight. Back when girls put themselves together. We shopped for the perfect outfits, dressed up, did our hair and make up, slipped into strappy high heels to arrive no earlier than midnight at the dance clubs. 

The clubs were alive with music and there were always lines to get in the doors. Oftentimes, shoulder to shoulder inside, we'd make our way to the high rise on the dance floor... where there was a ladder to climb onto it, but that's where the spotlights were and that's where we were. On the pinnacle of the center of attention. 

It's what we did and my gosh, if you could dance, we fell in love [well, lust]. That's how we met our boyfriends back then, not online. We were wild and carefree and danced through the 1980's - 1990's... 

My muscles are burning, because I've increased the weights, and I'm not sure if I can finish the reps... but, this music... I could last forever then and I can do it now and I finish the reps. 

I love this class. We work out hard with weights for an hour without slowing down. This same group of women, we show up 3 times a week together, and workout hard to loud 80's & 90's music and it's so incredibly perfect! It takes me back in time and makes me smile...