Friday, December 25, 2020

A Who-ville Christmas

 


I've said before, I have moved into the most amazing neighborhood! 

Sue, who lives across from me became a fast best girlfriend the moment we met in the middle of the street. We had our Christmas together this morning before our family Christmases. As I am getting ready, the sound of the snow blower next door sounded unusually close... my next door neighbor was out blowing both our driveways off after last nights snow storm. As I am waving and thanking him from the door, the kids across the street (in their mid 20's and expecting a baby girl in April 2020), were loading presents to head to families, they are waving and everyone is saying Merry Christmas.

My home is surrounded by friendly neighbors and everyone comes out to chat. It's really unusual and it makes me think of Who-ville. 

Next week is the neighborhood Jingle Mingle and I love the thought of neighbors gathering together as friends. We have our own little community here of really good people. 

Maybe Christmas he thought,
doesn't come from a store. 
Maybe Christmas... perhaps...
means a little bit more!