Thursday, December 10, 2020

Last Name Not Needed

 


Corporate reached out yesterday. "Will you be on the call today? I would like for you to talk and share what you are doing." 

A call across the country spotlighting me? Absofreakinglutely!

Photos and names start popping up on my desktop as I see colleagues from across the country join the video webinar and the call begins with updates and information. Rolling into 2021 revenue updates, they listed the top 3 venues out of 160 locations across the U.S. I was listed at #2 in revenue for next year so far and was happy dancing in my seat! 

Which is exactly why I call in on the phone and do not want a camera on me for a whole video call. Nobody wants to see the touchdown-in-your-face-dance! Plus, I would have to watch my facial expressions on a call for a whole hour. 

Under normal conditions I say, "If you aren't 1st your last!" A quote from Talladega Nights; however, the venue in the 1st spot is worthy competitor. By that I mean, this venue is located out of state, by the corporate office and is the poster-child for all corporates ideas. It is also a beautiful venue, much nicer than what I have, and she is only a few thousand ahead of me. This momentary win is hers, but 2021 hasn't been won yet! 

I was jumping in my seat excited. 

My projects displayed on the video webinar, I shared and spoke on what I am doing and added a couple other projects, too. The feedback was great and I've had other locations reach out asking me questions. A follow up email after the call with my projects rolled out in detail across the country and to corporate.

I love being the leader and sometimes when when a month goes by and things are quiet, I will say to the General Manager, it's time corporate hears from us again. Which means let's lead an initiative. I'm teaching him it's fun to be the first out of the gate with all ideas. Let's share with corporate to share with all the other locations, because none of them are our competition. 

When my 1st name is said on a call, everyone knows who they are talking about. 

Last name not needed. 

Cher.   Madonna.   Prince.   Pink.   Shakira.   Rihanna.