Tuesday, October 20, 2020

NO-vember

 

Ahhhh... November, you are an understated month. The crescendo of autumn meets winter, striking cold in the north, and the clash of Thanksgiving where our hearts are full to crashing down the very next day to commercialized Black Friday. 

But to those who do it best, Black Friday in my home is... Fa-la-la-la... welcome Christmas! 

November has also some pretty special birthdays: Alex (11/4, Brooke (11/8), David (11/10), and Sue (11/29). 

Forget no shave No-vember, unless it is the unshaven face of a handsome man with his lips against mine. To close my eyes and feel the scratchiness on my face, it exhilarates me! 

Another NO-vember I am over the moon happy with is, I sent my team the event schedule for November and for the 1st time ever, there are no events next month!! I for one, could not be happier! I had a handful of weddings postpone and several events cancel due to the pandemic and honestly, I'm relieved.

My November... I will slide into November on vacation, celebrate birthdays, enjoy low-key downtime in the office, handle all my Christmas shopping, and slide into the week of Thanksgiving in a gorgeous cabin in the mountains of Tennessee, stroll Gatlinburg decorated in a quintessential Hallmark Christmas, come home to Thanksgiving, then wake up the next morning... turn on Christmas music, perhaps the scent of cinnamon rolls fresh in the oven, and see what my new home looks like fully decorated for Christmas. 

November, I welcome you.