Thursday, October 15, 2020

Do I Need You?

 


"Do you need me?"

I was caught off guard, shocked, and momentarily speechless. My gosh, do I put off so much independence that he believes I don't need him? My mind is reeling... 

Does a flower need sunshine so it can blossom? Does a coffee bean need water in order to make a cup of coffee? Does a gun need a bullet in order to be used as it should? Does your truck need an engine?

God said it isn't good for man to be alone...

God said, "and these three remain:  faith, hope, and love, but the greatest of these is love." 

I was never intended to live life alone. Ever. 

I need him in ways he cannot imagine. I may need him more in a million little ways and big ways, because I haven't had it. My gosh, I've managed for decades, because I didn't have any other choice. 

What do I say in my shock and dismay?

"YES, I need you... 
I don't want you because I need you, 
I need you because I love you."