Monday, October 26, 2020

I Made It!


Let vacation begin! For my last day in the office, I had details to wrap up and walked out the door pretty pleased.

First of all, I made it through the month of October having 18 events. Events can be a lot, but it's the behind the scenes details that are often months to over a year of planning, dealing with event set up, staff, guests, and ensuring event success. I was pretty pleased with submitting my sales commission report before I left.

Which prompted the question, "Are we getting raises this year?" I've crunched numbers and I was ready to negotiate. My base salary is already completely comfortable for me to live on. Commissions are fun bonuses. To find out my base salary beginning this weekend is going to be what I was going to negotiate for. Better to have my raise in a base salary vs. commission increase in case covid screws with my events. I whip out my calculator, do the math, smile and agree. Well done, GM! 

Let's just knock this conversation out since we are already talking... "When are we beginning winter hours and how many?"

Perhaps it's covid, perhaps he knows I need to step away and take some time off, he's burned out, too. We all are. Winter hours begin now and I only have to work 30 hours per week. Not bad for the next 5-6 months. He also mentioned he will set up me in my home office to work from home 1 day per week. 

Exhale... I made it! 

I really am one blessed girl.