Wednesday, October 28, 2020

A Deal With The Devil

 


My Boudoir photoshoot is scheduled and I cannot wait! The first 1-1/2 hours will be spent in hair and makeup by a professional, and I'm definitely thinking edgy and dramatic!

It got me thinking... I haven't seen my other boudoir photos (when I was 35 years old) for a couple years. I looked everywhere and I can feel myself break into a sweat looking in my go-to hiding places and not finding them. They are gone. 

I'm one of those who hides stuff well. So well, I have lost things forever because of it. Add to that, I've moved a few times in the last couple years since I sold our family home. 

Think. Think. Think. The purpose of these photos are to have them forever. 

There is one person... in this world... who quite possibly has them. In fact, if my photos have disappeared, it was probably him knowing one day I would have to reach out to him and ask. He will also go to the grave never confessing. 

So, I made a deal with the devil. Well, not the devil himself; rather, his twin brother, David. (Lolololololol!!) The "other" David. The original David from my youth and the one I shared several years in life with a couple years ago.

David saves  e v e r y t h i n g. 

I know because I know him more than anyone. In all fairness, he can say the same about me. I also know he reads this blog (because he recently confessed and called me out on a few things he's read). 

So, with a sweet ask, he text my photos over...


Honestly, thank you, David. 

A deal is a deal.