Sunday, October 25, 2020

My Daughters and Best Girlfriends

 


It was a funny Facebook post (this photo) Charlotte posted when my daughter, Mariah, commented:

Mariah:  Says 1 cup, I put in two entire bags

Me:  That's my girl!

Mariah:  Jeremy "that looks like it's enough." Mariah responds:  It's not!

It's all funny, because it's all true. If I make a homemade cake, I will dump and entire bag of chocolate chips into the cake mix before I bake it. 

What I love most is that my daughter is friends with one my best girlfriends of 35 years. In fact, my daughters are friends with all my dear girlfriends. 

Girlfriends are some of God's greatest blessings. They will tie their hair back and run to the battle line with you. It is them some of your best memories are made with. They will laugh at anything, cry when you cry, love unconditionally, and love your children. 

I guess I never thought about it much until this post. My adult daughters are friends with my best girlfriends: Charlotte, Dawn, Kimberly, Jaime, Karen, Sue, and Angie. 

I am friends with their children, too. 

We have been and continue to support one another's children in life and there is something so special and beautiful about that. 

My best girlfriends are FABULOUS! Talk about strong, successful, fun & funny, and independent women! These friendships span decades. Talk about prayer warriors who you know will reach out when needed for anyone in their spectrum in life that needs covered and willing, wanting, and ready to go in the trenches when needed in a heartbeat. The very ones we breathe life and logic back into one another, speak truth (even when not necessarily wanted), share and celebrate life with. They love when you love, their honest to a fault, they know your past, your secrets, and I love the saying:

You will have be my friend forever, you know to much!

It's these women who are there for my daughters in friendship, love, support, marriage, and babies. 

I love that my best girlfriends are friends with my daughters. These women keep it real and I know this strong support system in life is a phone call away when needed. 

My gosh, life is countless moments where we need one another and I dearly love each of them.