Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Thank You, Michael

After 1-1/2 years of dating, Mariah called it quits today with Michael.

She loves him as a person, but said she wants to spend her high school years hanging out with her girlfriends and being open to date whomever. 

My heart breaks for Mike. He loves my Mariah so much and he set the bar sky high for the boys that cross her path in life.

I'm so conflicted on wanting her to know how lucky she was to have a boy who respected her, loved her and told her every way he knew how. At almost 17 years old she wants to date other boys, dance and have fun and she should. I also know that she sees the fun I have in life and wants her own freedom, fun and stories. That's what I want to protect her from the most.

Mike was a part of our family for 1-1/2 years. I adore him and I thank him.

Thank you for being everything you were supposed to be as the first boyfriend in my little girls life.

Thank you for respecting her healthy boundaries when I know being 18 years old your hormones were running wild.

Thank you for loving her so much you desperately wanted to marry her.

Thank you for dating my daughter and taking her out on nice dates with the money you worked so hard make.

Thank you for the thoughtful and generous gifts you lavished her with.

Thank you for seeing her inner beauty and telling her in every way you knew how. You are like me with your words, loving and full of affirmations.

Thank you for wanting to spend the rest of your life with her.

I wish him the very best in life.