Monday, July 30, 2012

The Summer of Dawn

What a summer it has been! One of my best friends of 25 years, Rich, refers to this as "the summer of Dawn" from a Seinfeld episode.

Guiltily, I agree. It has been an amazing summer of nothing but time with my girls, my girlfriends and family, record breaking dating seriously hot guys, hot & sunny days, warm summer nights, health & fitness, playing hard and endless hours of doing what I want to do.

Tomorrow is August 1st, which means there is only one month left.

I laughingly say I have replaced my corporate meeting calendar with a social calendar, that's because I really have!

I'm excited for this week. The ProFootball Hall of Fame events bring several hundred thousand people to town for over a weeks worth of festivities and events. Outdoor live music everywhere with its own full schedule of events, festivities & fireworks.

Every Friday night is booked with the annual downtown First Friday, a Luau, Markapalooza (divorce party for a friend), Bike Nights on Wednesdays & Thursdays, Sunday afternoons at the lakes, my Mariahs birthday along with many other friends celebrating this month.

I have to write this stuff down or I may miss something.

School starts in three weeks. Now begins shopping for school clothes & supplies and we are almost back to early bedtimes and normal routines. A girlfriend lunch has been set for August 21st, the first day of school.  Kimberly and I will enjoy lunch, make a toast, and sing our annual, "It's the most wonderful time of the year" song.  It's a secret now, but someday when my girls know about this blog, they will understand when they have babies of their own.

August means summer is almost over. Quite possibly it is my favorite month of the year. I love knowing one month left means that I have to enjoy and savor summer even more, cram in more of my favorite summer things to do and embrace every warm & sunny day to the fullest.

It has been the summer of Dawn.

Work hard, play harder.

Bask in summers embrace.

Plan wisely.