Tuesday, July 24, 2012

... And Here We Are

In all of my single & dating drama, there is another who is just now entering this world, my Mariah.

My Mariah will be 17 years old in a couple of weeks. She has been dating Mike for almost 1-1/2 years now. After time, every relationship gets comfortable. As she gets older and constantly prettier, the boys are noticing her like crazy and she questions her first love versus endless other opportunities.

She is so much like me and she has a world ahead of her she can't even fathom yet.

Another boy has caught her attention and she asks me, "Have you ever been in a situation where you were in a relationship with one guy, met another, and had to make a decision?"

Yes.

More than you could imagine.

Welcome to real life.

My sweet baby girl.  I want to hug her and protect her heart from the new world she is about to enter. This is her first hard crush on another while she is in a relationship. Decisions have to be made. Paths will be picked. The heart can break over and over and over.

I always said I didn't want to be dating anymore when she started dating... and here we are.