Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday Monday

Monday Monday, so good to me,
Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be ...


I love Monday mornings!  I always have.

I was the happy one on Monday mornings up at 5:30 a.m. for the morning push as the aroma of coffee from my automatic coffee pot greeted me, I strapped on my heels and raced out the door.

Monday mornings are a fresh new start, kind of like New Years Day.

A new week, new possibilities.

Coffee is still a familiar friend that greets me;  now I open windows and feel the coolness of summer morning air, turn on The Today Show, another favorite, and enjoy the peace and quiet before my girls wake up.

I'm going into my 5th month now since I have left the corporate America.  Two months ago I felt refreshed and rejuvenated, now I feel as if I have been given a free pass to really savor and enjoy summer.  I am.

What will I do this week? What books do I want to read, what parks do I want to walk in?

I want to play tennis.  I want to run the stairs at Monument Park. I want to have lunch on the dock of my favorite lake. I want to stand in awe of a magical display of fireworks on Independence Day. I want to spend girlfriend time with my daughters, the three of us love being together. I want to talk with my own cherished girlfriends, laugh and share secrets.

I may trim down my dating list and start focusing on what comes next in my life.

"Leisure is a beautiful garmet, but it will not do for constant wear."
- Unknown

Monday mornings are still a gift of what do I want to do, what do I want to try, what am I going to get myself into.

Fresh new week, I embrace you.

Monday Monday, so good to me,
Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be ...