Monday, July 9, 2012

Allowing Him to Rise To the Occasion

Mr. Unexpectedly Good continues to impress on so many levels.

The thrill of excitement discovering the layers of another that continues to grow and not fade, from incredible attraction to I really like emotionally and mentally. Funny, witty and affectionate, an exhilarating combination!

He fills my thoughts. I am thinking about him too much so I rely on Patti Stanger tips to stay engaged with a handful of others (back ups) for balance. One cannot be too available. Then my theory, who ever loses their head the most loses.

I have a tendencies to enable men to be useless and I have realized quickly that I have not allowed him to be who he is as a man already on a couple of occasions.

I shared with him an outdoor chore I was doing when he said he would help me. I smashed his offer. He tells me the things I want to hear inside by sharing his feelings and thoughts and I appreciate but don't reciprocate or confirm. I don't like myself when I do this.

Men are often given the title of physical creatures, but truly they are more sensitive and emotional then women.

Last night I was reading in one of my favorite books and the words hit me like a reality check, "She filled her role and he filled his because the vacuum was left for him to rise to the occasion. Perhaps she knew instinctively that men abdicate any duty you do not give them room to do. She simply allowed him to be who he was, while being quite comfortable being who she was, right down to the little things."

This sweet boy is emotional, I hear it in all of our conversations.

I am treating him carefully, judging him by his looks. I'm playing a game, he isn't. Today, I am going to change me and treat him according to the emotionally sensitive side of him.

I didn't believe this "Wow" package would come along again, all-inclusive with the wildly alive feelings that are growing inside me.

It is for me to be a catalyst by allowing him to rise to the occasion.

It is for me to handle with care.