Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Snowmaggeddon

In the middle of an Ohio January, where school closings become ridiculous, after a month long series of events shaking the foundation of my life beginning with losing my sweet little boy, Sammy Blue, I am covered. 


The noise is quiet.

I am rejuvenating.

New opportunities opening.

Calm.

I have a natural tendency to focus at the light down the long tunnel of what is most important in my life, that I forget to look up and see there is light and an entire life around me. I remember that I don't like being in the dark and tunnels are scary.

We do this thing when we travel and approach a tunnel in a mountain. We hold our breath to see who can hold it longest. It's uncomfortable and unnatural and we gasp for air in relief back in the sunlight.

I am a sunshine girl. Put me outdoors, give me sunshine and I thrive.

I know what is important in my life.

I'm pretty simple and I am breathing.

I've lost two more pounds, eating cleaner. I feel healthier, better, strong and I see even more changes in my body.

January sucks in Ohio, but in the midst of a storm blessings are falling on me like the snow.

I am covered.