Thursday, January 29, 2015

He Is My Home

My heart is stuck on this journey through Song of Songs, also known as Song of Solomon.

Her voice echos in my mind and her voice is familiar.

"If you find my lover, what will you tell him?
Tell him I am faint with love."
- Song of Songs 5:8

In Song of Songs 5:9-16 ...

"How is your beloved better than others, most beautiful woman?"

She says, "My lover is radiant, outstanding among ten thousand ... His head ... His hair ... His eyes ... His cheeks ... His lips ... His arms ... His body ... His legs ... His appearance ... His mouth ...

"He is all together lovely.
This is my lover, this is my friend."
- Song of Songs 5:16

When nothing in the world makes sense at times, no matter what is going on in life, when David pulls me in his arms and kisses me, her words echo in my mind ...

"He is all together lovely.
This is my lover, this is my friend."
- Song of Songs 5:16

He is my home.