Monday, January 12, 2015

A Book of Life, Love & Legacy

Four years ago, when Brooke's dad died, I began this blog. My biggest worry was that I wouldn't have enough to say and it would fade into nothing. 

That thought makes me smile. Only a few times in life there have been no words profound enough, that became an unspoken prayer only the holy spirit could piece together when I could not.

Life, every day provides a story to share and moments to capture.

I want to capture life for my girls. Capture time and memories of details that became our life and I want them to have a memory should anything ever happen to me. They would know who I am when they become a woman someday with their own families and they look at me as a woman, not just a mom.

I want then to remember.

I wanted to capture love, life and memories in my Daily Love Notes for David. The journey of our life together through my eyes fixed on the countless ways our life came together every day in little details that became our life, our journey and love. 

When you look back through life so often we fix our eyes on the significant memories, at a high-level overview, both good and bad, but the fine details are often forgotten forever. 

It is the fine details and little memories that become the glue because it is the little things that are the most real. 


Memories remain when the world forgets and details fade ... 


... and so I capture life.


The little details in life matter. 

Little things are infinitely most important. They become who you are, your choices, your pattern, your habit, your routine, and ultimately your life.

I have always said everything in life that is the most important money cannot buy. The little things, the little moments, every little detail matters, they alter your direction in invisible ways.

I capture these details. 

For someday ... to become a book of life and legacy because of love.