Sunday, January 25, 2015

A New Opportunity - Part 2

In a post over a week ago a job opportunity called my phone ...

My phone rang last night with an unexpected job opportunity in a awesome position for a strong company. A much better salary, fully paid medical/dental/vision and a 50% matched retirement.

The owner personally called me and said, "There is nobody more perfect for this position than you." 

Would I come in and take a management position essential to his business, the business is about to go through rapid growth.  

I went in and met with the owners for a couple of hours and walked away feeling uncertain.

Everything on paper looked good, but there were a few dynamics that wasn't settling right with me. Giving myself the weekend to process and make a final decision on Monday, I woke up still feeling unsettled.  

Trusting my God-given intuition of hesitation, I had necessary conversations with important people in my life. Seeking their council and advice as well as presenting my dilemma to the executive director of the mission and ultimately to God in much prayer.

Finally, the moment came over me in the calm I was seeking. That familiar certainty and peace I was waiting for and I knew my decision 100%.

Oh, that internal tranquility that comes when you know. That still peace that silences all the noise when the world is loud.

I stayed at the mission.

The opportunity, as stressful and exhausting as it was, shook the foundation of my world being a life choice, but I stayed true to my heart AND got a significant salary increase for staying.  :)


Everything happens for a purpose.

I always ask that its purpose is in my favor though.