Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Sculpted

I remember realizing how age plays a role in metabolism when I was 30 years old.

Mariah came into the world when I was 25 and at 29 years, I gave birth to Brooke.  I was so much thinner at 29 then I was at 25 years old, carried much smaller, but I vividly remember the slower process in my body rebounding due to those few years even though I was in better shape.

Through my 30's, even though my body was in good shape, I had to give much more thought to my diet and exercise, because my body no longer responded like it did when I was in my 20's.

Healthier food choices became important.

Enter early 40's. I have to pull my head back so my eyes can focus. Seeing up close perfectly is a thing of my youth. It used to take 6 weeks for my body to realize I have been exercising all along and longer for the scales to notice. Even that has changed.

If I stop exercising, everything unravels in two weeks.  Muscle memory is a not so gentle reminder that always exercising must be a part of a healthy lifestyle.

All this has had age as a downward slope in my mind. An inevitable battle.

A shift is happening.

My body is beginning to sculpt in ways I have not seen in years.

I feel stronger and definition is being etched every day.

As my body changes, so has my outlook.

I am going to take this as far as I can in 2015 simply out of curiosity and challenge.

If my body is unexpectedly so responsive, I am going to take it to the extreme and go for the WOW factor!