Tuesday, February 25, 2014

What a BRAT!!

My whole body hurt. I spent the day working in the kitchen along side of a couple of my new teams (lunch and dinner) to understand the process, flow, and machinery in the kitchen that served over 73K meals last year. Eight hours on my feet moving continuously lifting large trays and boxes, hauling food, serving, cleaning, and melting in the heat of the ovens and the hustle-n-bustle.

My back muscles hurt from lifting so much that I found I was holding my breath when I got home. First stop was the shower, I needed the water as hot as it would go over my tired muscles.

Sweats. No make-up. Glasses. I sit down for the first time at 7:40 p.m. and question if I should just go to bed or force myself to stay awake for The Bachelor. 

Brooke looks at me, "Mom, I really hope you don't think you are going to come home every night and do nothing. I've been in the house all day and I would like to leave and do something."

I could only look at her.

Do I wish I had magical powers? No, she would be hurt. 

Hmmmm ... I wonder when she will be leaving for a week again?

I daydream of the day she moves out.

What a BRAT!!