Friday, February 28, 2014

Little Things Mean Everything

To say it has been a hectic week is an understatement.

Working and learning a new job. Working hours that is taking a schedule adjustment to get used to. Brooke ... drama, drama, drama. Little sleep.

My lifeline is a text or phone call away. It's amazing how a familiar routine when routine is out of balance brings a sense of normalcy to a hectic week.

The universe would feel off balance if I didn't get a "good morning" text. A quick morning call to say hi and run down the days agenda for sharing sake. A phone call when I am heading home. The random phone call in the middle of the afternoon to just chat and share/talk about anything simply because we want to.

Last night I was worn out and crawled in bed with a book when I picked up my phone to text David goodnight, but then put my phone down and thought I had already said good night while hanging up the phone talking to him earlier so I decided not to bother him.

Moments later ... my phone rings. He was thinking about me.

Little things mean everything.