Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Mom Alert Weather Advisory

Once upon a time, not so long ago ... if hell wasn't breaking loose, I could feel it brewing in the air.

Much like a hot summer day with storm clouds rolling in, the breeze picks up, and the air gets thick with humidity right before the sky turns black and thunder and lightning strikes. Except it wasn't a thunderstorm.

I knew the signs and I watched, waited, and wondered what new experience was about to happen. It was always something new, never a repeat of what had been done before.

Blessings in the storm is that I was home, present, alert, and on top of each stunt. 

Days continue to pass and I am seeing her effort at school, her initiative at home, and her better responses to when she isn't pleased. Even prayers and happy thoughts have resumed at bedtime.

I'm praying rock-bottom is behind us and we are beginning the climb out of the pit. As the days pass, I am remembering how normal days used to feel.

Mom Alert Weather Advisory is always monitoring the forecast for weather warnings and storm watches. It has been a mild week. Punxsutawney Phil confirmed spring is six weeks away which means warmer, sunny days and flowers are ahead and in my heart.

This season will end.