Friday, February 7, 2014

Aspirant

Randomly looking through documents I ran across my personal design description that I wrote while I was in the TrueNorth study. These were descriptions extracted from several personality assessment tests that were smashed down, funneled, and poured into a paragraph, a short sentence, and one single word. Who am I?
 
Removed from a career and with all my attention being home for my girls, I wanted to see if I could still find me in these words and I read what I wrote only four months ago.
 
The design description portion was extracted from the assessments, but it was a brief slogan we each had to come up with that best defined us, as well as one single word that most described us. 
 
Many randomly thought of a word off the top of their head, put it on paper, and shared it with our group. I was the only one who said, I need a week to think about it.  This study was important to me and I didn't want to be knee-jerk reaction with my answers, I needed accuracy. 
 
For a week I brainstormed what one word best describes me?  That's a tough question and I wish I could be in a room with my readers all over the world to hear your one word description of yourself.
 
Aspirant. A person who aspires, as one who seeks or desires a career, significance, success. That's me. I long for all things great. I seek a career of signficance. I desire signficance in the most important areas in my life. My success is found in everything money cannot buy: in faith, happiness, personal fulfillment, and love.
 
Re-reading my personal design description, I found myself again.
 
 
Design Description

God has uniquely designed me with incredible faith and inspirational administrative leadership qualities to motivate and influence others through a passion for communication and my risk-taking, often boundary crossing personality that embraces change and gets things done, with a willing-heart to establish and start the new.

 

Slogan

I am a mover-n-shaker with a passion to leave a legacy.

 

Word

Aspirant

[A person who aspires, as one who seeks or desires a career, significance, success.]