Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Special Surprise


It was my best Valentine's Day ever.

My perspective dwells in a meaningful relationship, cherished quality time, balance that familiar routine brings, a few hours alone, dinner, candles, snuggled on the couch watching our new favorite show.

We passed on the chaos of being out in the hustle-n-bustle. When I want quality I choose to shut the world out.

David surprised me with a new laptop I am enjoying this very moment. I was shocked and didn't see that coming. It was fun listening to him say for days he had a special surprise for me that he had been working on for a week. I had zero idea what to anticipate, but loved his excitement, thoughtfulness, and sweetness behind whatever it may be. The boy in him excited planning such a surprise, the man in him anticipating a need and providing well.

A new laptop loaded with Microsoft Office and all the applications I could ever need, pictures we shared added, and screen-saver pictures he knew I would like.

Power-up, ready to use.