Sunday, June 2, 2013

From Success to Significance

I am reading a book called From Success to Significance. This September I am taking a 6-week course based on this very book on a topic that many face later on in life, but for me it is now.

I am always seeking the what haven't I done, in what ways can I grow and stretch my mind, and always the I want to try everything. So I found myself at a place where many halftimers (average 50 year olds) find themselves that have had a successful career, built their home, raised their family, yet comes to a point in life where after success where is the significance?

This is a quest I am seeking.

Seeking because I want to live the fullest life possible. As my girls get older and my freedom returns, I look at life as another new beginning.

Everything I have learned in life thus far is being fine-tuned, valued, and appreciated as quality of life is well-honed. 

In my quest for seeking significance I have found the peace of being unstuck. I am no longer in a box as to where I can live, I am free of an established career that some cannot change from after so many years. My life is so open to what ever comes next and while as I say it out loud it all sounds very unsettled and unplanned, but it isn't at all. It is liberating and open.

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that is not what ships are built for."
 
I want the journey, the adventure, and the memories of a well-lived life.
 
Significance is a personal perspective, we each have our own.
 
From success to significance, I want the journey of a lifetime, and it is beginning now.