Sunday, June 9, 2013

A.C.T.

Mariah texts me while she is out making sure I will go with her to her ACT testing yesterday morning.

Translation: I'm not sure where to go and I need your help making all this come together for me. BTW, I am going to be out late the night before, please make this happen. Thanks. I love you.

I am up and ready early on Saturday morning, arrive at local college campus at 7:30 a.m. to get out of the car when Mariah says, "Mom, I see my friends ... is it okay if I go in by myself, no other moms are here?" 

Mariah's world ... where mom (yours truly) schedules the testing, prints the confirmation, texts her what time she needs to be there, where she needs to go, reads over the what-to-do and what-you-may-not-bring into A.C.T. testing, researches on the website for what calculators are acceptable and unacceptable so she stands the best possible chance passing the Math portion of the test, reminds he she needs snacks for this 5-1/2 hour test, searches for #2 pencils, then she asks if I could sharpen them while she gets ready.

"Is it okay if I go in by myself, no other moms are here?"

Sure honey, is there anything else I can do for you? [Sarcastically thought]

There were no other moms or dads walking their almost college students into testing. Yes, I did realize I could have done a little less and she is capable of more. I tend to make my girls lives as easy as possible.

So, I went over to my mom & dads house for coffee and conversation.