Saturday, June 15, 2013

Tapping Into Prayer Warriors

There have only been a few times in my life where I knew I had to tap into prayer warrior power to face what was coming. Some circumstances in life call for extra power and I was on a mission.

Scrolling through my cell phone contacts, I needed the best of the best.

Not the ones who would politely say they would say a prayer, but the dedicated family and friends I knew would pray with intent and purpose to move God's mighty hand at 6:45 p.m. on Thursday when Kirsten and I met with Mariah to let her know it is time to say goodbye to her dad.

A best girlfriend, shared the next day they she was just sitting down at the dinner table with her family when in prayer she began to cry and her little girl who knew why her mommy was so upset asked God at the table to be with Mariah. KPB excused herself from the table and said it had been a long time since she cried and prayed on her knees by her bed and pray for my girls and me. 

She cried sharing with me her story, love & friendship does that.

I felt confident in the small but powerful group I had chosen as a mom going into battle for her daughter. My Mariah was covered in prayer and our well-planned conversation went so well, that I was shocked at her level of peace and okayness with this conversation.

Mariah knows she is loved and though I cannot prevent the inevitable, I can intervene in spiritual warfare with powerful, loving Christians uniting in prayer at the same time for my little girl.

Their prayers made all the difference.