Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Time Is Near

My Mariah's stepmom called last night, Eric has taken a turn for the worse and his end is near. Hospice has said to prepare.

Neither Eric or Mariah can say goodbye and Kirsten believes Eric is only holding on because of Mariah.

It's time. It's time for Mariah and Eric to say their last loving words on this earth to one another.

Kirsten and I are teaming up for an intervention in two days with Mariah and tell her the truth. We are taking her to the park to tell her gently as possible. She needs to see Kirsten and I united for her and for Eric as their present bridge of strength to endure the fast approaching end.

I appreciate Kirsten. We have never been "friends" but have treated each other professionally and respectfully through the last 10 years she and Eric have been married.

Women bond, unite, and become a force to reckon with during all sorts of situations in life. We let bygones be bygones and knock down mountains for those we love.

I cannot believe 1-1/2 years have passed since Eric was diagnosed with ALS/Lou Gehrig's Disease.

My little girl has two more days to live carefree before she hears the words she fears.  I hate this upcoming conversation with everything I am and I cannot believe my 2nd child is about to lose her father, too.  Two days to put family and loved ones in place to surround her in love.

Two days and reality will change her world forever.

Please pray for my little girl.