Saturday, June 22, 2013

I Found My Significance

Six months ago I went on a dating sabbatical for many reasons:
  • I wanted my next relationship to be significant
  • I wanted to take time to reflect and focus on many things
  • I needed to sit still
  • I needed time with God
  • I needed to be 110% at home for my girls 
  • I desired change
  • I searched for change
  • I prepared for what came next
Even if I do all these things there are no guarantees for answers, one said. How long would my sabbatical last? I wasn't sure myself, but summer was a good timeline. I do love summer.

In my search and quest for significance in life, my steadfast focus and efforts lead me to the book and program my church offers, From Success to Significance. I wrote about this a while back ago.

Each of us has our own unique idea of what significance is. My thoughts were of a career direction, but what I received was my real hearts desire of significance, I was given the very gift of what has always has been the most important to me.

I fell in love.

My significance when I was young was love. Dreams and details are often forgotten and I relied on God to remember what those forgotten details were.

Resurrected and placed in my life ... in my quest From Success to Significance, I found my significance.

I found my hearts desire.