Monday, June 10, 2013

On That Midnight Train to Georgia

L.A. proved too much for the man,
So he's leavin' the life he's come to know,
He said he's goin' back to find
Ooh, what's left of his world,
The world he left behind
Not so long ago.
He's leaving,
On that midnight train to Georgia,
And he's goin' back
To a simpler place and time.


This old classic song filled the air as I sat on a patio at an Italian restaurant today having lunch with the one I am falling so head over heels for.

It started to pour down rain and that made the mood even more romantic being the only ones who chose the covered patio.

After catching up in conversation and happy to just be together he asks, "What are you thinking about?"  I wasn't sure if I was ready to be totally honest when he asked again, "Are you going to make me guess?"

He desires to communicate with me and doesn't miss a beat.

This man across from me, the one I see forever with ... it was time to put my stake in the ground and I confess ..."I want you in my life," I share. "I want you be there and I want to experience everything with you. Not because I need you, but because I want to share everything with you ..."

He listened knowingly, confirmed and matched my heart.

And I'll be with him
On that midnight train to Georgia,
I'd rather live in his world
Than live without him in mine.