Friday, June 7, 2013

Spiritual Warfare

Unexplainable happenings since Keith's passing have been creepy to say the least.

After almost 2-1/2 years, I called my brother this morning who is a Baptist pastor and asked him to come to my home and take care of it.

I was a bit hesitant and surprised when he said he wanted my girls to be a part of what he was about to do, but I understood why after the fact. After work, he met us at our home and at our dining room table he explained to my girls death and spirits.

He explained carefully to them from a Biblical perspective the unseen is very real, what it is, but that we have power through God to cleanse our home permanently.

Permanently as long as we do not invite spirits in through portals of the dark world. It was another good opportunity for me to explain to my girls why paranormal is not allowed in my home on television, movies, etc. That when they are with their friends who want to tap into psychics and things that tap into the spiritual world to remove themselves from the situation.

Spiritual warfare is very real. The unseen would terrify us if we could see.

My brother is an amazing guy and I absolutely love him. I'm proud of him being a pastor, his relationship and purpose in life passionately sharing the word of God. I admire him as a man, a husband, and as a father.  I love that no matter what happens in life, he is my brother first and foremost. Once upon a time I went to him about a personal matter in life and he told me then that he is not my pastor, that he would always be my brother first, and he has kept true to his word. I've never forgotten it and we really share an incredible bond.

My brother explained to my girls what the Bible says about spirits, that as a family we have to be united with not one of us in our home who wants things not of God to enter. That was easy, all of us are peace-out on anything creepy.

Then we prayed together.

He prayed to rid our home forever of anything not of God. He prayed for safety over our yard, that angels will surround us always. He prayed for specifics and the prayer went on ...

I have been born into a family of incredible faith. My girls will understand the value beyond all measure as an adult what role this will play in their lives. The blessings that will follow them and their children because of our faith.

Spiritual warfare will rage on, but not in my home or property.