Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Perfect Day Together

There is so much going on at home. Preparing Mariah for her dad's death, putting safety measures in place for Brooke who is about to re-live her dads death, and the company I work may not exist in 30 days. 

That is a lot in one week. It is a lot of emotions at home and in the office, it is a lot of uncertainty.

Have you met my God?

Hearts are heavy and burdened, my only job is to tend to my girls God entrusted to me. He will handle the financial end, He always has. That is where my faith says, "I trust You, it's Yours, please handle."

Things don't happen to me, they happen for me. My whole life has been an adventure that I look back on and see that change promoted me to the place I needed to be next on purpose.

In the midst of high emotions, I had a perfect day etched out in the sunshine.

He said be ready at 9:00 a.m. and I was. To me it felt like Christmas morning.

Sunshine and 80+ degrees, I felt a sigh of relief crossing over the West Virginia border. Simply being in another state hours from home became my special day perfectly coordinated, blessed with perfect weather. 

We rode on his Harley cruiser through the mountains, into West Virginia where we stopped to browse, sampled all sorts of flavors of fudge, he bought some for me to bring home to my girls, we enjoyed lunch at a beautiful restaurant on top of a mountain, then headed home.

"Thank you for today," tranquil me whispered to him snuggled up on the bike, my head on his shoulder, and his fingers of his left hand intertwined with mine against his chest. "Today is perfect," he said.

We talk endlessly together and I mention his endearing qualities of him being a man now that continue to surprise me. "Like what?" He wants to know. Lucky for him, I have an arsenal of attributes and descriptions of him I have grown to love, cherish, and appreciate beyond measure. I lavishly share.

Well-deserved words of affirmations, specifically for him that lets him know I see all these qualities that were there decades ago, just fine-tuned now that he is a man.

Men thrive under words of affirmations and fortunately for him, I have a lot to say and love to share my thoughts.

I plant seeds in his mind of his qualities I love so much. It is for me to communicate and plant the seed, appreciating him where he is now, and encouraging in the areas that are important and relate to me and us. It is for him to take that communication and decide how to respond. A beautiful relationship is flourishing. He listens and responds because I am important to him. 

I thanked him for initiating, planning, and making yesterday happen. It was all on him, this amazing day for me.

A perfect day together.