Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New Years Eve


New Year's Eve day started off watching my grandbabies. Rowan is 6 months old and I am in love with my sweet grandson who is always happy and has the greatest fuzzy, duckling hair!! He's so sweet and happy and love this Gamma's snuggles, playing, and kisses. 



My Great Gatsby New Year's Eve Celebration was total success! Stunned that 98% of the guests came totally dressed for the Roaring 20's, as guests arrived happy and ready to celebrate.

I created these frosted boxes and it's hard to see in the photo there are lights inside of them and they are actually glowing. I thought it was a very fun presentation to walk into.



Music filled the air as guests walked through the door, sounding as if they were walking into a speakeasy. Setting the tone and giving the feel that you wanted to run to the dance floor and do the Charleston.


The room lit up and draping in pearls and ostrich feather plumes, great music, the scent of delicious food in the air and the open bar, my guests were ready to party. Believe me, they partied! 

Brooke & Alex had fun dressed as a flapper and I believe my daughter was happiest on the dance floor. It was fun watching her dance, she's always had amazing rhythm.



Even after the party was over, guests didn't want to leave. 

Most of the ladies were flappers, but here are some of my personal favorite 20's outfits. This guys was a riot and came with a party of 18. 


This couple was so cute in classic 20's attire and were fabulous on the dance floor.


People watching was entertaining, they partied like crazy! A countdown clock to midnight, champagne toasts and pork and sauerkraut at midnight and I finally pushed them out the doors by 2:15 a.m. 

I guess when it's a good party, nobody is in a hurry to leave. I'm also guessing there are a lot of worn out people today. 

Me, it's New Years Day and Christmas is officially down and all is clean. 

Welcome 2020.