Saturday, January 25, 2020

Bye Bye Winter Doldrums

The beach, sunshine, my favorite seafood on the entire east coast, riding bikes, quaint shops, Key Lime Pie, sitting in the sun reading a book, new clubhouse & pool, Port Canaveral, Cocoa Beach Historical District, movie night, and a two-day road trip to Mount Dora and the The Villages. 

Nothing helps the winter doldrums like sunshine at the ocean and winter is much more pleasant with vacations sprinkled throughout ugly months: January, February, March and April.  Plan wisely.


Papa writing love letters in the sand ... 






My favorite restaurant in the whole east coast is Coastal Crab. This understated little shack by the ocean is a hidden treasure. I knew the food was sensational, but I had forgotten how absolutely, unequivocally incredible it is.



Close to their place, a little Mango Tea or three ...


My parents newly renovated pool and property where they live ...





My mom & dad are excellent hosts and I'm grateful they are both healthy and active.

Thanks, Mom & Dad, for a wonderful trip!