Thursday, January 30, 2020

A Date


I've always gone on dates with my daughters and still do; now, I have dates with Sofia, too.

Excited to say bye to her momma and ready with basic necessities, a backpack (2 band-aids inside) and a box of Frozen band-aids, we are off for an afternoon of fun. When you're two years old, the car wash, picking lunch up at Chick a Fila then to Gamma's house is the BEST!! We sang, "We're going to grandma's house, we're going to grandma's house..." She loves to sing.

When we arrived, I let her take the lead to give her the time to do what she wants to do and when she wants to do it. When your two, here's how the date goes:

Set out lunch, she likes us to sit down together and takes a bite or two.

Run off to my bedroom to get into the jewelry box and spend time trying things on.

Drag out doll houses and sit down and play house.

Runs back into the kitchen, "wOw! sIt gAmMa!" Take a few bites of food.

Go downstairs and pick out today's favorite pairs of Gamma's shoes. Go through the storage room, just looking at everything.

It's time for her dolls to take a bath in the bathtub. I drop in a couple glow sticks in the water, complements of Papa, hair conditioner is so soft on hands and by the 40th time she said,"mOrE pEaSe" the tub was soapy with the fragrant scent of hair conditioner. She swam in the tub, played with the bubbles and glow sticks, washed her dolls hair, and when it was time to get out, I bundled her up warm in the chair under a blanket and gave her mac & cheese to fill her belly. 


She watches her videos on my iPhone in the car going home and I hug her and kiss her, tell her I had so much fun with her and she's my best friend. That I love her and next week we will have another date.

She ran over for another hug and said, "A dAtE!" She knows her mommy & daddy goes on dates and Gamma & Sofia have dates, too.