Saturday, January 11, 2020

Sleepover


My son-in-law, Jeremy, was in Mexico doing renovations at an orphanage with a group of guys this week and I spent the week with my daughter and grandbabies.

This photo was cute and reminds me of Sofia's excitement to have me sleepover, specifically in her room with her. Bedtime was exciting and she liked going to bed early and would announce when it was time to go to bed, which was one-on-one time, just her and I.

Beds pushed together, we'd say our bedtime prayers. Who do you want to pray for? Sofia would say, "aUnT bRoOke, gRiNnY pApA, aNnA eLsA oLaf." Then, she'd get comfy and gradually end up nestled next to me. I loved her happiness. 

The happy and sweet moments during the week and the quiet time rocking my sweet babies to sleep. Multi-symptoming or not and just like my own girls, I still lavishly hug and kiss them. She made me smile when she ran into my arms and said, "mY gAmMa!" 

Sleeping was rough. I had a hand flop across my face, a finger shoved in my nose, and last night her hand flopped straight on my eyeball and I saw a flash of light (from pain) and I wasn't sure for a moment if there was going to be damage.

Between midnight and 5:30 a.m. this morning my Fitbit had me at 3,200 steps. That was with Rowan. Both kids are multi-symptoming and he isn't sleeping well, so I took turns with Mariah getting up with him.

It's hard having little ones and it's extra hard when they aren't feeling well. At 2-1/2 years and 7 months old, my daughter has her hands full. 

Jeremy comes home tonight. It's a good thing because I am living on caffeine and meds to function. I'm not sure if I'm sick or just worn out and multi-symptoming. I will know tomorrow after I sleep tonight.

The weather forecast has high winds and rain tonight, perfect sleeping weather. It was a busy week with clubhouse renovation projects where I scraped wallpaper off for two days straight, still working a crazy busy season with brides from holiday engagements, hosted a couple events, and when I wasn't working I was at my daughter's with my grandbabies. 

My butt is officially kicked, my whole body hurts and I'm exhausted. 

I hope the thunderstorms begin soon, this girl is ready for bed!