Friday, January 3, 2020

You


The weather is perfect outside. It's the January blend of a thick blanket of gray cloud coverage, constant drizzle and a chill in the air. Perfect to stay in. 

I just got home from work and have an entire evening ahead of me. For dinner, I'm doing a BBQ pork with sweet corn and corn bread is in the oven baking. Slipping into a favorite comfy outfit, a pot of coffee is freshly made, and I'm about to binge-watch You on Netflix. I'm addicted!!

A couple good books and at some point I will take a break between episodes, tie up my hair, and soak in a tub with a delicious smelling bath bomb. 

Quite honestly, it's a perfect evening ahead of me and I would rather be alone and enjoy the wordless routine of a glorious winter hibernation, then run around in crappy weather trying to find something to do to have fun. Or, worse yet, shop for happiness. I hate shopping and I have everything I need and want. 

Cheers to know what makes you happy and doing it!