Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Sunshine, Open Windows, and Watermelon

My days off work this week thankfully happened to be the first two days I was back home and the only two days this week sunny and warm.

Two days to catch up being at home with sunshine, open windows, and our first-of-the-summer watermelon bowl.

Pitbull blares in my little, sporty car as the music reaches a special place inside me that re-energizes. Sunshine, girlfriend time, and those mighty Monument steps. My lungs want to explode, yet I feel very much alive.

Two days in the sunshine, fresh air with the windows open, and my white tulips growing up from the dirt.

Dawn laughingly informs me that while we are signed up for Warrior Dash this summer, she isn't sure how she managed to accidentally pick the competitive heat for us to compete in. After my initial, "Oh crap!" moment, I like that the bar is set higher. It pushes my competitive nature to step it up a notch or ten.

Shaking off winter and re-energizing with the new life of spring.