Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Holy Week

This is Holy Week and in preparation for Easter in my home, which will pretty much look like countless past Easter Sunday's, all-inclusive with hand-made chocolates, colorful baskets, Easter home decor, a special breakfast and dinner, the grand finale of an Easter service at church.

As a mom, it is a production that creates the expected familiar for my girls. Easter comes once per year and I turn it into the special event that it is.

This year is very different.

This week I have the awesome responsibility to read, teach, and convey the message of Easter to hundreds of guests that come in for a meal throughout this week.

Tonight's message:     Holy Week and the Cross
Thursday:                       The Last Supper & Communion
Friday:                             The Crucifixion
Saturday:                        The Resurrection  
*Because meals are not served on Sunday 

I have four services to make the basis of our faith, Jesus death, burial, and resurrection, and salvation as clear as I can.

I am not a trained and equipped preacher of the gospel, but I am a willing vessel, and God equips.

So many prayers are going up that I do this right and for power from heaven that it isn't my words they hear, but God sending the message through me.

Some moments in life hold so much responsibility and I really want to get this right. Never would I have guessed public ministry would be a role in my life.

I am learning very fast.