Sunday, April 20, 2014

A Graduation Party

Where did the years go?

My little girl has blossomed into an amazing young woman through the vapor of life and I need to begin working on her graduation party that takes place in one month, but I can't seem to wrap my head around it.

Have you ever driven down the road lost in thought and 10 minutes later you don't remember driving the last 10 minutes? It's like auto-pilot has taken over and realization zaps me back to driving in the present. That's kinda how I feel about this graduation party, I'm uncertain where the years went.

As an event planner I know to think through ever single detail to make everything perfect, but I don't have the heart to even begin.

There are two things in life Eric didn't want to miss dying young, Mariah turning 18 years old and her graduation. He is barely holding on and we are having her graduation party sooner rather than later.

So much is about to happen for my little girl and I am not sure I am ready.