Saturday, April 12, 2014

A Few Bites On The Run

I woke up this morning to it being official, I have lost 10 lbs in 1-1/2 months.

Here is the weird thing, in all my former efforts and trying, I wasn't trying. 

At first, the meal ministry said that staff/shelter guys gain 15-20 pounds in a month and I wasn't about to let that happen, so ... it was just making healthier eating choices every day that became habit, wanting to be outside enjoying warmer weather, and every couple days that goes by I am seeing changes in my body and out of curiosity when I step on the scales a few more pounds are missing.

Healthier choices + moving more = continual weight loss.

I believe our portion sizes become habit. When I prepare a dinner for my family, I place standard portion sizes on their plates for fullness sake. At the Refuge, I will grab a small bowl, in the hustle-n-bustle of activity in the kitchen, stealing a moment, and grabbing a few bites to eat standing, then continue working.

It's true that your brain registers fullness after 20 minutes, because that few bites actually does the trick on the run. I am no longer hungry versus that plate of food I would have normally sat down to eat.

My eating portions have naturally been reduced and I am just as full now as a normal sit down dinner, without the lethargic aftereffects.

Do I deprive myself of sweets? No way! I just take a couple of bites to enjoy the taste.

No tricks. No fad diets. No self deprivation.

Without any effort I continue to lose and I can't wait to see where I go with this.